Monday, February 23, 2009

Altered Flower Press

Yep, I am still on the bird, butterfly kick !
This is an old wooden flower press which I found at a local charity shop. It's been down in my basement for over a year now, until I finally decided what I would do with it. I used the same colors and theme that I used on a 6x6 canvas I made a couple of weeks ago. I love these colors together with the nature theme.
Not sure if you can see in the close up here, but I used gel medium to add some dried pressed flowers I have in another flower press. The little bird at the top is sitting on some dried lilly of the valley.
Isn't this little girl adorable? I found her on Flickr in user angellia's photostream, she has some really nice vintage clip art free to use. I did alter her a touch by changing the color of her dress and shoes.
This is my project for this weeks Friday challenge at ECS.
Other credits:
Bird and nest from Retro Cafe Art
Bird and eggs from Digital Collage Sheets